Friday 9th October is CAFOD family fast day please help us to support people facing the devasting impact of coronavirus.
CAFOD is responding to the crisis caused by the pandemic in 31 countries across Africa, Latin America, Asia, and the Middle East, where many families face chronic food shortages, malnutrition and poverty as the result of coronavirus. CAFOD’s local experts throughout our global Church family are already working on the frontlines of this emergency:
- setting up handwashing stations in areas without access to clean water in Bangladesh.
- providing PPE for health workers in Sierra Leone.
- supplying books and pencils to children so they can study from home while schools are closed in Zimbabwe.
- helping farmers safely sell their produce in Bolivia.
- and delivering food packages to city-dwellers who can’t go out to work in Brazil.
On this Family Fast Day, let us stand alongside the poorest and most vulnerable people in the world, those who are already disadvantaged, and help them survive, rebuild and heal. Now, more than ever, they need our help.
You can donate online at cafod.org.uk/give or by using one of the envelopes provided at church which can be posted straight to CAFOD. You can also give easily via text. Text CAFOD to 70085 to donate £10. Texts cost £10 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising by telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £10 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text CAFODNOINFO to 70085.
There are online events happening on the weekend of 10th & 11th October including a livestreamed mass more details here , and you can join me for a zoom soup lunch on Friday 9th October at 12:30pm just email email@example.com for more details.