Do you live in the Portsmouth area or will you be around Portsmouth on Saturday 5th September?
Then come along to “Portsmouth Green Fair” in Guildhall Square!
Organised by PCAN (Portsmouth Climate Action Network), it promises to be a really good day out for all the family – and we will be there with a CAFOD stall too, encouraging people to sign our Climate Justice action cards!
The main attractions on the day will be:
· Portsmouth’s first solar-powered stage and cinema.
· Bands and street entertainers, an Inter-dimensional Wizard
· Green Motor Show with bicycles, electric bikes, scooters and cars plus vehicles powered by biomethane and waste vegetable oil plus a pedal-powered smoothie maker.
· Demonstrations of low impact living including solar electric, solar hot water, wind generators, straw bale, cob and hempcrete construction,
· Face painting and children’s activities
· Over 60 Stalls including Local, Organic and Fairtrade refreshments, Farmers’ Market, Clothes, Eco-gifts, Crafts, Gardening tips, Beekeeping, Workshops, Children’s activities, Art, Money saving (and of course us!)
· Live link up to Express FM local radio and the Big Screen.
· Talks and films including a free showing of the film The Age of Stupid at 2 pm in Portsmouth Guildhall and A Time Comes.
· Dancing, Free gifts, Campaign groups, Recycling, Displays, Nappy Fashion Show Healing area and much more
You can find more information on the PCAN website at: http://www.portsmouthcan.co.uk/greenfair2009.html
We hope to see you on the day – don’t forget to come along to CAFOD’s stall and say hello! 🙂 would be nice to see you there!